Common symptoms of a connectivity issue include:
- The terminal screen shows the message "Network not connected".
- Payments are failing ("Network not available" or "Connection failed").
- When pairing the terminal, the Adyen POS Application shows the message "Failed to communicate with device".
This happens when the terminal can't connect to Adyen. This can be caused by a problem with the store's network, or the terminal's network settings.
To resolve the issue, try the following:
- Confirm that your network meets our POS network requirements.
- On the terminal, check that a valid IP address is assigned. Sometimes the IP address of the terminal changes (particularly when using dynamic IPs). This causes a loss of connectivity between the device and the cash register.
- Check the IP address of the terminal. If the IP is 0.0.0.0 your router is not assigning a valid address. Contact your IT/Network team or your internet service provider for assistance.
- Make sure all the components of your network, such as the cables and router, are working.
If you're still having issues, reset the existing connection and create a new one. Follow the instructions in the User manuals.