The funds that you have available to refund your shoppers are referred to as in-process funds. You can see what refund amounts are available on the Welcome page of your Customer Area, under Refund Indicator.
Note: If this does not appear in your Customer Area, you can add the widget by clicking Customise this page, and selecting Refund Indicator in the Widget Dock.
There are two types of refunds shown in the Refund Indicator:
- Refund amount for cards: the balance you have available for refunding card payment methods, such as Visa and Mastercard. This is made up of your payable balance + capture balance + refund margin, and you will not be able to process card refunds if this amount is negative.
- Refund amount for non-cards: the balance you have available for refunding non-card payment methods, such as SEPA Direct Debit or iDEAL. This is calculated from your payable balance + refund margin, and you will not be able to process non-card refunds if this amount is negative.
If you are unable to process refunds, you can increase your in-process funds by either:
- Waiting until you have processed more payments. This will increase the in-process funds you have available to make refunds.
- Increasing your payable balance by transferring funds to Adyen. For more information, please refer to this article.
- Reserve an amount on your Adyen account for processing refunds (referred to as a “Refund Margin”). For more information, contact your Account Manager or Sales Support.