PCI DSS stands for Payment Cards Industry Data Security Standards. They are a global set of security standards adopted by the major card schemes (such as Visa and Mastercard) that you must comply with in order to process card payments. If you are PCI DSS compliant, it means you are implementing the necessary controls in order to maintain a secure environment for cardholders' data. Merchants need to comply with PCI DSS at all times and can validate their compliance by completing an SAQ-A.
Have more questions? Submit a request
Articles in this section
- What is Adyen's standpoint on the end of support of Magento 1?
- What are the consequences of staying on Magento 1?
- What is an SAQ A?
- What does being "PCI compliant" mean?
- I do not use or have access to card data, so why should I comply?
- Can you recommend parties to help me migrate to Magento 2?
- Do you really think Magento is going to stop supporting Magento 1?
- Would I become PCI Compliant if my system integrator secures my Magento 1 environment?
- How can I complete the Self-Assessment Questionnaire (SAQ) A referred to in the email and on Adyen Docs?
- Update instructions to Adyen Payment version 2.12.0 for Magento