If a transaction which appeared successful in store has become Cancelled in the Adyen portal, it is often possible to reprocess the transaction. Please note that if this is happening very often it could be due to an underlying technical reason. Please contact Adyen Support to help diagnose and solve this.
We would like to let you know that now it is possible to reprocess payment(s) in the Adyen Customer Area. Reprocessing a transaction takes two steps:
- Sending a cancel reversal, this action revokes the cancellation request.
- Sending a capture, to trigger a new capture request so our system will transfer the funds from the shopper to your account.
Please be advised that the success of a reprocess attempt is dependent on the card scheme and Issuing bank. If a reprocess attempt fails we advise that you contact the shopper to initiate a new payment.
If you do not have access to the relevant pages in our Customer Area, please reach out to the admin user within your company. This person can either give you access to these pages or perform the task for you. The minimum required roles are,
- View Payments
- Merchant manage payments
- Merchant Fix POS Payments role.
To reprocess a payment, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Customer Area, then at Company level click on Transactions >> Payments >> Search and select the payment.
- On the "Operations" section, press "Send Cancel Reversal". What this does is undo the cancellation request, so afterwards you can capture it.
- Wait about a minute and refresh the page, then on the "Operations" section click "Send Capture”.
If you have any problems with this process, reach out to our Support team.