The PSP Connection test is a diagnostic which tests the steps required for a terminal to connect to the Adyen backend.
This test can be found by pressing 9 + Green > Enter the admin PIN > Network > Diagnostics > Test PSP Connection.
- Looking up host: this check if the device can resolve DNS (if it fails your device is not able to resolve Adyen's domains)
- Connecting: checks if the terminal can get an IP address (if it fails, something in your network is preventing this device from getting an IP)
- Negotiating: set up secure connection (SSL). If this fails there could be a certificate issue with your device/network
- Write data: send test packet (if fails there could be a firewall blocking traffic from your device)
- Read data: receive a test packet (if fails there could be a firewall blocking traffic to your device)
If your terminal fails at any point of this diagnostic, please consult our Network Configuration documentation.