These guidelines offer recommendations for cleaning or disinfecting your payment terminal. Before you begin cleaning, make sure your terminal is switched off and disconnected from all power sources. You will need a clean cloth and a cleaning solution; we recommend a mild soap or, as a stronger alternative, an alcohol-based cleaner.
- Never use bleach, hydrogen peroxide, thinner, trichloroethylene, or ketone-based solvents; they cause the terminal to deteriorate.
- Never spray cleaning solution directly on the terminal.
- Don't clean the smart card reader; that could void any warranty.
- Avoid touching the battery contact points; that could lead to corrosion or poor connection.
- Switch off the payment terminal.
- Disconnect the terminal from power.
- Slightly dampen a clean cloth with water.
- Put a few drops of the cleaning solution on the dampened cloth. Do not apply cleaner directly to the terminal.
- Gently wipe the damp cloth over the keyboard and display.
- After cleaning, wipe the terminal with a clean dry cloth.
- When the terminal is completely dry, reconnect it to power and switch it on.
Unless otherwise instructed, do not, under any circumstances, attempt any service, adjustments, or repairs on a terminal. If you have any questions or are unsure about how the handle a certain situation, contact Adyen Support (firstname.lastname@example.org).