These guidelines offer recommendations for cleaning or disinfecting your terminal. Before you begin cleaning, make sure your terminal is disconnected from all power sources. You will need a clean cloth and a cleaning solution; we recommend a mild soap or, as a stronger alternative, an alcohol-based cleaner.
- Never use a thinner, trichloroethylene, or ketone-based solvent, as they will cause the terminal to deteriorate.
- Never spray cleaning solution directly on a terminal.
- Don't clean the smart card reader, as this could void any warranty.
- Avoid touching the battery contact points; corrosion or poor connection could occur.
- Slightly dampen the clean cloth with water.
- Put 1 or 2 drops of soap or an alcohol-based cleaner on the dampened cloth. Do not apply cleaner directly to the terminal.
- Gently wipe or swab the damp cloth over the keyboard and display.
- After cleaning, wipe the terminal with a clean dry cloth.
- Repeat these steps periodically or when other circumstances call for additional cleaning.
Unless otherwise instructed, do not, under any circumstances, attempt any service, adjustments, or repairs on a terminal. If you have any questions or are unsure about how the handle a certain situation, please contact Adyen Support (email@example.com).