The Adyen terminal says "Tamper" on the screen
Symptoms: The Adyen terminal is showing a blank screen with the message "Tamper" , "data/Tamper ...
The Adyen terminal is showing a blank screen with the message "Tamper" , "data/Tamper enter a password" or a similar message referring to "Tamper".
This is a failsafe mechanism that triggers when and internal component is broken.
When the device goes in "Tamper" mode it means the hardware is broken, the device needs to be replaced.
More information about Tamper Mode can be found in our documentation: https://docs.adyen.com/point-of-sale/pos-troubleshooting/terminal-turns-on/tampered
Configuring a Network Profile
Network Profiles can be configured in the Customer Area. This feature can be used to provide comp...
Network Profiles can be configured in the Customer Area. This feature can be used to provide complex connection information to terminals for secure networks.
This feature can be configured either per terminal, or on the Global Properties for a Merchant Account or Company Account.
- Access the customer area https://ca-live.adyen.com
- Select Point of Sale > Terminals > Terminal serial number OR Point of Sale > Global Properties
- Click on the Network tab.
- Click on Create Configuration button under the WiFi Profiles section.
- Fill in the form, select the Auth Type that matches your network and provide all the information required.
- Save the changes.
- Whenever a device is boarded on this account it will download this WiFi profile and set the network.
Important! The terminal will need to connect to a network and be boarded before it can pick up a configured network profile.
Please note your user needs to have POS admin roles to see the above options.
Reprocess a Cancelled Transaction
We would like to let you know that now it is possible to reprocess payment(s) in the Adyen Custom...
We would like to let you know that now it is possible to reprocess payment(s) in the Adyen Customer Area. Reprocessing a transaction takes two steps:
- Sending a cancel reversal, this action revokes the cancellation request.
- Sending a capture, to trigger a new capture request so our system will transfer the funds from the shopper to your account.
Please be advised that the success of a reprocess attempt is dependent on the card scheme and Issuing bank. If a reprocess attempt fails we advise that you contact the shopper to initiate a new payment.
If you do not have access to the relevant pages in our Customer Area, please reach out to the admin user within your company. This person can either give you access to these pages or perform the task for you. The minimum required roles are,
- View Payments
- Merchant manage payments
- Merchant Fix POS Payments role.
To reprocess a payment, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Customer Area, then at Company level click on Transactions >> Payments >> Search and select the payment.
- On the "Operations" section, press "Send Cancel Reversal". What this does is undo the cancellation request, so afterwards you can capture it.
- Wait about a minute and refresh the page, then on the "Operations" section click "Send Capture”.
If you have any problems with this process, reach out to our Support team.
What do I do with a broken or defective terminal?
Before returning or replacing a terminal, you should troubleshoot your issue. This can resolve ar...
Before returning or replacing a terminal, you should troubleshoot your issue. This can resolve around 80% of terminal issues. You can troubleshoot by either:
If the issue can’t be resolved and the terminal needs to be replaced, you can request a replacement in your Customer Area. For information on how you do this, see Replace or return terminals.
Where can I find my Admin menu PIN?
The Admin menu PIN can be retrieved from the Customer Area using the below steps: Go to the Cust...
The Admin menu PIN can be retrieved from the Customer Area using the below steps:
- Go to the Customer Area in your browser (https://ca-live.adyen.com).
- If you see "Test" presented on the home screen of your terminal, please make sure to navigate to the test Customer Area (https://ca-test.adyen.com).
- Go to the Point-of-sale section.
- Go to the Terminals page.
- Select the terminal you would like to know the Admin menu PIN for.
- Click on View decrypted properties (at the bottom of the page).
- Go to the Advanced tab.
- The Admin PIN is shown on the right hand side.
If you are unable to retrieve the Admin menu PIN because it's not visible, please reach out the the admin user within your organisation; this user should have access to the Admin menu PIN.
I can't access the Adyen POS Application. It says "Credentials invalid".
Please check that your login credentials are correct: Make sure that you are using a webservice ...
Please check that your login credentials are correct:
- Make sure that you are using a webservice user. This is different from a user used for the online customer area; the webservice username typically begins with
- Check that your Merchant account, Username and Password have been entered correctly. These login credentials are case sensitive.
- If you are trying to log in to a test account, make sure the username ends with
- If you are trying to log in to a live account, make sure your username does not end with
What does the "AuthorisedPending" status mean?
AuthorisedPending means the payment has been approved by the issuer, but we did not yet process t...
AuthorisedPending means the payment has been approved by the issuer, but we did not yet process the payment completion message from the terminal (such as capture or cancel). This typically happens within 5 minutes after the payment was completed on the terminal.
Do you still see this status after more than two hours? Please confirm that there is no exclamation mark (!) visible in the status bar of the terminal; this indicates that the terminal was not able to submit the completion message to our platform (for example, due to network connectivity issues).
If the terminal does not submit the completion message within 72 hours after the payment, this payment will automatically be canceled.
Why is there an exclamation mark (!) on the terminal screen?
This means the terminal is holding data that hasn’t synchronized with Adyen. This could be becaus...
This means the terminal is holding data that hasn’t synchronized with Adyen. This could be because the terminal lost connectivity, or hasn't been registered under a valid merchant account.
Check that the terminal is connected to the internet.
If this is the first time you are using the terminal then board it following the User manual.
How to solve connectivity issues with an Adyen terminal?
Common symptoms of a connectivity issue include: The terminal screen shows the message "Network ...
Common symptoms of a connectivity issue include:
- The terminal screen shows the message "Network not connected".
- Payments are failing ("Network not available" or "Connection failed").
- When pairing the terminal, the Adyen POS Application shows the message "Failed to communicate with device".
This happens when the terminal can't connect to Adyen. This can be caused by a problem with the store's network, or the terminal's network settings.
To resolve the issue, try the following:
- Confirm that your network meets our POS network requirements.
- On the terminal, check that a valid IP address is assigned. Sometimes the IP address of the terminal changes (particularly when using dynamic IPs). This causes a loss of connectivity between the device and the cash register.
- Check the IP address of the terminal. If the IP is 0.0.0.0 your router is not assigning a valid address. Contact your IT/Network team or your internet service provider for assistance.
- Make sure all the components of your network, such as the cables and router, are working.
If you're still having issues, reset the existing connection and create a new one. Follow the instructions in the User manuals.